new car

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello i just bought a new MG ZR 1.8 think its 2001 model not sure about that thd! i got it from a car sales garage after a week i broke down when i took it back they had to send it to a garage they had it for two weeks had to do a lot of work about £900 worth, got it back and its juddering at lights and sometimes the water tank keeps bubbling and kinda spitting out water i rang the garage he said nothing was wrong with it! iam driving up o scotland this friday and dont wanna break down does any one know if this is a bad thing are what could be wrong thanx for any help

Sponsored Links
There's obviously something wrong with it, no car should bubble and spit water. Given that the head gasket is a weakness on those cars, I'd be inclined to have some tests done. I wouldn't be taking it for a long drive, that's for sure.

Sponsored Links
the rover 1.8vvc engine is an excellent engine when working right but can be a nightmare when they aint

i had the same engine in my 218 vvc coupe..

the head gasket went (common) and withing a 100miles it went again, so i wouldnt assume just because its a new gasket then its right...

your overheating which 2 me sounds very much like its gone again... i would certainly have it looked at b4 a long journey

all the best.... nice car when right

another though while im here!!!! is the fan coming on when the water temp is high??? maybe its somthing as little as a fuse stoping the fan working or somthing....

check it out.... leave the car idle until the temp gets 3/4 the way up... the fan should come on... let me know

Is this really a Rover engine ? ...... Or a proper one :LOL:

It don't really matter ...... Somone has sold you a pup ....... Keep annoying em

Forget all the advice on repars. The car fails the criterai under Sales of Goods Act as being fit for purpose and you should take it back and ask for full refund or threaten legal action. It sounds like a lemon car and you would best beast shot of it as it is always likely to give problems

Josephstead said:
It sounds like a lemon car

Of course it is..... its a ....... >
rover_logo_new.jpg
People often think I'm just being rude then I say theys "*$€%!" .... Not very good...... Truth is they ain't..... They never were "Brilliant" ..... But there ya are...... The guy who wrote the "British Is Best" slogan would be tossed in to court these days by trading standards :confused:

Geeberz BMW bought it, quickly realised that the workforce weren't going to change there old fashioned ways, so did the sensible thing. Scrapped it

Do ya self a favor & buy ya self a Honda or a Toyota ...... If you got lots of dosh buy a Lexus ...... That way when you turn the key or press a brake pedal you can do it in a confident manner....... Ya know, you get one of those feelings when you know its going to work ;)

Sponsored Links
Back