New central heating installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I'm new here so please be gentle.
I've lived in my housing association house for nearly 38 years and my landlord is getting round to installing central heating (the gas meter was installed over 7 years ago) at last. I have an end of terrace house with 3 floors. Ground floor consists of kitchen/diner, loo and integrated garage. I've been told when the survey was done that the boiler can't be fitted in the loo, so it's going to be fitted in the airing cupboard on the first floor. Can anyone advise if this is right. The loo is about 120cm square with a fan connected to the light. The fan runs at low speed 24/7.
Thanks in advance
Nick

Sponsored Links
If the loo is 120cm2 then it wont fit in the toilet. I'm surprised you can stand up and pee anywhere either!

I'm going to assume you had the size wrong but what was the actual reason they told you it couldn't be fitted there. Technically there is no reason why it could not be but there may be no outside wall, no vertical flue run possible, a toilet is not a great atmosphere to have a boiler in due to atomised pi55 causing early failure, No existing electrics and sensible cable runs etc etc.

Jon

Thanks for that Jon, when I read my post over it sounded right. What I meant was the loo is about 120*120 cm square ie 4ftx4ft in proper English. It is on an outside wall and the box that carries the soil pipe is in there too. This is where they intend to run the pipework. Electricity is on 2 infernal walls as well.
Hope this makes more sense.
Nick

Sponsored Links
120 cm square and 120 cm² (square cm) are not the same thing.

120 cm square means a square with sides 120 cm long or 14,400 cm²

120 cm² means an (undefined) shape with an area of 120 square cm.

120 cm square and 120 cm² (square cm) are not the same thing.

120 cm square means a square with sides 120 cm long or 14,400 cm²

120 cm² means an (undefined) shape with an area of 120 square cm.

Thanks for that insightful comment. Mine was a flippant answer followed by some advice that may help the OP. Many chose to use wrong comments that can confuse answers. Care to help with the OPs predicament or are we just offering a maths lesson?

@marhels There could be a number of reasons, as stated, that would stop the install in the toilet. Again space is an issue, the environment, where the external walls are, pipe runs and ease of install, also cost is a factor as it sounds like you are not paying for it but the landlord so cost implications can apply.

As asked before, what was the reasons given that it could not be installed there? Were any actually given? Is there a reason that this is unacceptable to you? I've asked these as your original question has been partially answered but cant be answered fully without further information.

Jon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back