New central heating system and boiler vibrating.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have recently installed a new central heating system which consists of 6 rads and a vaillant ecotec pro 24 combi boiler. All seemed to be working ok for a week until a loud vibration sound was heard from the boiler. It seems to happen intermittently after the heating has been on for a couple of hours. I assumed that the vibration occurs when the TRVs are closing, so i adjusted the automatic bypass valve. I also adjusted the lockkshield valves on the rads but the vibration is still happening. I have called vaillant helpdesk and they said it could be dirt in the system. I have flushed system through but no joy. Any ideas thanks?

Sponsored Links
If it occurs when the boiler is running at full power, then the HE coils are full of sludge.

Didn't your installer flush it thoroughly? What does he say about it?

Hi, im sure the installer did flush it thoroughly. He is out of the country at the moment (luckily for him) so i was looking for a solution. When the vibration occurs if i open a couple of trvs it cures it for some time. All the trvs are bi directional. Do you still think t is sludge? Thanks for your reply.

Sponsored Links
Hi jimbo
The automatic bypass? is either blocked or the valve is faulty or is not fitted properly, ie, between the pump outlet (before any MV`s and the return).

Cheers

spraggo.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back