New Central Heating System ideas please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are extending our house on the ground floor phase 1 of a bigger project which will be completed in a few years (the second phase an upstairs extension).

We have a combi-boiler which is 24kw and about 13 yrs old. Shower pressure is reasonable but not great and as soon as anyone turns on a tap the temperature fluctuates. We currently have 1 shower but eventually will have 2.

We were thinking about replacing the boiler and are looking for modern alternatives. I have been reading about thermal stores etc. however am concerned re our water flow rate (flow rate at the first tap is 13 l/min and at the mains on the street 18-19 l.min).

Due to our current set up we do not have a header tank in the attic, and I would think running pipes up to the attic would probably be a big job (our current boiler is on the ground floor).

I would appreciate suggestions

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back