hot water cylinder location

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to locate my hot water cylinder on the ground floor. It is currently in the attic with the cold water tank, but I am wanting to convert the attic to a room. I don't really want to change the boiler to a combi as we would have to loose the power shower. The cylinder could sit in the utility room next to the boiler.

Sponsored Links
Yes, you can fit it on the ground. But buy a new one and run your pipe work to that. The cold water tank will still need to be in the loft.

Andy

Come on Nige, you know and I know that the current hot water cylinder will be an old one. By buying a new cylinder, the op can fit the cylinder and do all the pipe work up to the first floor, doing the work over a weekend or evenings. Then when it's all in place they can make the new connections to old pipe work. Nige, you know it makes sense.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Thanks, you have saved me a few hundred quid and having to have (in my experience) a troublesome combi boiler.

Could go the whole hog and get an unvented cylinder fitted...but that few hundred quid saved would soon be a few hundred spent!

If it`s so old that it`s got a jacket - then yes scrap it - if it`s foamed and not corroded @ all save £. It`d take years to pay it back on the " faster" re-heat time of a new one .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back