cylinder tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a property that i wish to install a system boiler rather than a combi.
It is a 3 bed roomed house and wish to install a cylinder tank to store hot water but my problem is i have no spare storage cupoard to site the cylinder tank and i was wondering is it possible to get it stored in the attic or is their another way i can do it.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
a hot water cylinder is fed from a cold water cistern...this is all done by gravity..therefore the cold water storage cistern neeeds to be higher that the hot water cylinder it feeds so as to great some pressure.
the min height diff is about 1 m. thats why normally the cold water storage goes in the attic and the hot water cylinder goes in the floor below.
u cant put ur hot cylinder in the attic is a short answer

Mains water unvented cylinder :?: ........... but it depends on the loft construction.a lot of weight..I gallon= 10 pounds weight. and you`ve got to keep it from freezing ...virtually build a small room in the loft for it :(

JPC said:
a hot water cylinder is fed from a cold water cistern...this is all done by gravity..therefore the cold water storage cistern neeeds to be higher that the hot water cylinder it feeds so as to great some pressure.
the min height diff is about 1 m. thats why normally the cold water storage goes in the attic and the hot water cylinder goes in the floor below.
u cant put ur hot cylinder in the attic is a short answer

in that case how do these work then :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
Kevplumb..you`ve sussed me .Nige Fortic....slow running and old fashioned ;)

If u want to put a low pressure tank & cylinder in the loft but hav a hight restriction u may have room for a calorifier (Copper cylinder that goes on its side) & if u feed it with a 28mm feed u can get away with putting in about 2m headroom. got to load the weight over a wall though.Its a cheaper option to buy than mains fed but more work to fit. unless u have good water pressure & a 25mm incoming main its not gona perform well the mains fed unit. u would also need a 22mm main up to the attic. If u want a power shower u can fit a booster pump on the low pressure installation

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back