New central heating system - opinion needed on components

Stay away from the flexic**t if you don't fancy an ri go for the valliant

Sponsored Links
@ gas4you: So you recommend a Vaillant boiler + Vaillant Unistor cylinder connected through a VR65. Makes sense to have a system with components from one manufacturer only that are designed to work together. Any other reason for this recommendation? Pros? Cons? Is the Vaillant as good as the Megaflow HE or is it just a thing of personal preference?

Thanks, Tom

Its personal preference so that all the components can talk to each other for greater efficiency.

eg with the Vaillant you can have the rad temp set to around 55-60C and when the unistor says 'I want heating' it increase boiler temp to heat up cylinder quicker and to the temp you require.

I used to fit nothing but megaflo's but I now don't like the internal 'bubble'.

I much prefer the external expansion vessel. Easier to replace if it goes wrong.

@ gas4you: Thanks for you replies. Do you by any chance know someone in the South London area who does Vaillant installs. Of course there are some addresses on the Vaillant website, but most times better getting someone recommended.

Tom

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back