New central heating system with a Isar 30 HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone
I am going to have a new central heating system fitted, the boiler they have quoted to power the system is the Ideal Isar 30 HE, I have read about the problems with Ideal boilers, do you think I should try a different installer because they only use this manufacturer?
How long has the Isar 30HE been around?
Do you think the new "Ideal" models have improved reliability?
My mate has a Baxi boiler fitted in his 3 bed semi and has ran without problems for 6 years, I would like a boiler that does not require PCB boards, pumps,valves, and the like in its first 6 years of running or am I asking for to much.

Sponsored Links
as you are the punter with the cash you can have what ever boiler you want installed. if the installer only wants to fit ideal and you dont want ideal then find another installer. but... just because he wants to fit a ideal does not make him a bad installer or trying to rip you off.

i fit heatlines and on this forum there are plenty of people that think that every boiler heatline has is crap. i still fit them because i know diffrent :). boiler makes can be a bit like football teams on here.

as a installer if i find a custmer with a strong leaning to a boiler brand then that is what i will fit. then if it breaks down then has nothing to do with me.

as you are the punter with the cash you can have what ever boiler you want installed. if the installer only wants to fit ideal and you dont want ideal then find another installer. but... just because he wants to fit a ideal does not make him a bad installer or trying to rip you off.

i fit heatlines and on this forum there are plenty of people that think that every boiler heatline has is crap. i still fit them because i know diffrent :). boiler makes can be a bit like football teams on here.

as a installer if i find a custmer with a strong leaning to a boiler brand then that is what i will fit. then if it breaks down then has nothing to do with me.

Sponsored Links
Avoid any Ideal boiler at all costs. Since my post about 4 with knackered heat exchangers at 4 years old, I now have a fifth :eek: :mad:

I didn't mention that the replacement system would be through the WARM FRONT grant and I am entitled to the full amount of £2700.
I have contacted a local plumber for advice, and it was the same, do not fit an IDEAL boiler.
So I contacted WARM FRONT and I CAN cancel the current grant and get someone else to quote, this of course will add more time and there is no guarantee that the next company will provide a different boiler according to the Warmfront representitive but she did say she can add a note to my application stating that the customer does not want a IDEAL boiler fitted.
She said it could cost more but I told her the IDEAL boiler quoted was valued at £1000 so it could not cost much more and I would obviously stop the next company doing a survey if they cannot provide a different boiler or it will cost £130 of my grant for every survey.

I then spoke to the installation company, told them I was not happy with the boiler they recommended. They said basically, they have teething problems sometimes and like any new installation this can happen and as a retired Maintenance engineer I totally agree, and I also spoke to another company, Fenhams Newcastle, and they only fit the IDEAL boilers through the Warmfront grant ( 200 a month according to the Advert on the phone service).

The question I must ask, does anyone involved in the Warmfront installations fit any boilers besides IDEAL ? if not they probably will not send anyone else to quote I think.
I also asked for a list of local plumbers but they would not provide one.
The quote I got seems fair, the new boiler fitted plus 3 new rads for the full grant plus £180. ( and this is a standard intallation no complications)
Does anyone think I should just go ahead and get it done or should wait for a quote with an alternative boiler but my only worry is you get one shot at this and if the Heat exchangers are only lasting 4 years it seems foolish to get one of these fitted.

Any boilers can (and do) go wrong its the luck of the draw, but if you read previous posts ideal do get slated quite a lot from service lads on here, i've just finished a council contract and we fitted over 180 isars and called service dept out approx 5 times (mainly faulty pcb's) but they reckon the new models are a lot better ;) time will tell.

the warmfront system is a stitch up. from what i understand the company that runs warmfront also owns ideal. you still have the right to not to get a ideal boiler. others have manage to get valliant boiler through the warmshit scam. keep pushing and looking and you should get there in the end ;)

Thanks for the info lads. Just one more thing, I thought I would contact IDEAL company direct and ask for a extended warranty on the Isar 30HE boiler, because on the website there is a special offer of a 3 year warranty on a Esprit boiler for £99.
So I asked for the same warranty on Isar 30HE and they want £15.90p per month!. Can you believe it all the energy savings made by installing a condensing boiler are taken away from you by a warranty. I can look at it another way I will save up the £190 x 4 years and fit a new boiler if when the heat exchange goes.
So it proves one thing IDEAL are to scared to give a reasonable costing warranty on the Isar because it would definitely cost them by the sound of things.
If anyone from IDEAL is reading this.... go on give a 3 year warranty for £99 on the Isar if you have confidence in your products or would that be financial suicide?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back