New Central heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

First time on this board and this has probably been asked a thousand times already but here goes...

I have recently moved into a 3 bed end terraced house in West London and wanted to update the old 1970's boiler to a modern combi. A local plumber has recommended a complete overhall of the CH system (7 new radiators - 2 of which are large curved bay radiators, all new pipe work, bosch boiler - need to double check which one, removal of old boiler and old hot water cylinder). He has quoted £3200.

Is this a reasonable price?

Thanks

Kawak

Sponsored Links
If thats inclusive then it sounds reasonable.

Its not fashionable to use curved radiators any more. Very expensive to get then curved too and invallidates the guarrantee.

Whether its necessary to replace all the rads is another matter!!!

Tony.

Seems way too cheap for your area :eek:

It would be more than this up my way.

Curved rads are charged at price of rad plus £45/ metre curving charge.

They are then re-finished and come with a 5 year warranty. Delivery if you need it is charged at £95/rad.

Hi Tony/Dave,

Thanks for your response. I suppose its good news hearing that the price is reasonable...or even too cheap!

Regarding the curved rads, i thought they came as standard. The ones we have already is approximately 50cm in height and about 250cm in length curved.

Thanks for your help again.

Kawak

Sponsored Links
<<Regarding the curved rads, i thought they came as standard>>

'Fraid not.
Unless u thought all curved bays had the same radius of curvature?

You have to use a template to get the size and curvature you want. Then send this in for the rad to be specially made.

sounds cheap for all-in price.
Why do you need new rads? good rads are pricy, especially bent ones. I would guess decent quality in what you want around a grand, supply only.
W-B is good, go for CDI and not the budget versions.

Have you got the details of the radiator benders please. My local fella shut down..
ta

You pro's are right. He is coming over to measure the radiators and they will need to be sent off to get them curved.

its probably true that the rads do not need replacing, but they are the old single rads, thought I'd get the whole lot done and out of the way and hopefully wont need to worry about them in future.

Thanks again to all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back