New clio mk 4

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mrs has badly scratched the front bumper and headlight (tried to park in our bedroom (n)). I had the repair done to the bumper and paintwork but too greedy to spend £210 on a new light. Is there any way to get scratches out of it ?

Sponsored Links
You could try this. I used something similar (the 3M version, but it now appears twice the price of the T-Cut) a couple of years ago to remove the build-up of misty residue on both of the headlamp lens thus acquiring an advisory comment on the MOT certificate. The 3m kit comes with several sanding discs of various grades to be attached to a drill as well as a couple of types of compounds (there are plenty of instructional vids on YT). Worked pretty damn well ultimately with no subsequent advisory the following year.

The T-Cut simply uses a microfibre cloth and compound. It is less comprehensive than the 3M but I understand that these, too, can be very effective.

I also heard somewhere that you can try cleaning the lens with a frugal application of Brasso and a cloth. Worth a try.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Back