New combi boiler time.

S

skodaman007

Hi all,well its time now to start the process of getting a new boiler.
My existing boiler is getting very noisey due to its age. so its time to spend some cash.
My main 3 requirements are.
1.quietness in operation.
2.reliability.
3.efficiency.

I have read a good review of the worcester cdi combi range and the 29 classic combi output suits my requirements.

I have a gassafe guy to do the work,he is not on worcester list of installers as he does repair/service and the odd install.
He has asked me to get a boiler and he will do the job.

So all i need to hear is any negative comments regarding this boiler

Thank you for your time.

Sponsored Links
If you want reliability, then get present 'steam driven' boiler cleaned, inhibited and fitted with good controls. That will make the boiler quiet in operation, be like a brick outhouse, and you will not need deep pockets for expensive parts.

Cleaning of system is NOT done in couple of hours but is a labour of love. Good controls keep you warm yet provide decent control of system for hot water temperature and ambient temperature.

DP thanks for reply,my boiler is very old approx 23 years,it was here when i moved here 16 years ago.
noise is from clunking gas valve,clunking relays,fan noise/vibration and many parts are now not available.

whilst looking for prices on the internet,i have come across a company willing to supply and exchange same worcester 29cdi for £1640.00.

their terms and conditions appear strict but i suppose that is good for both partners.

a lot less than bgas.

Sponsored Links
Take a look at the Intergas Combi Compact HRE (this is going to turn into another 'which boiler...' thread in a minute :confused: ) It's very quiet and very reliable, and as for efficiency all modern boilers are within a couple of percent of each other so that's not really a consideration...

whilst looking for prices on the internet,i have come across a company willing to supply and exchange same worcester 29cdi for £1640.00.

their terms and conditions appear strict but i suppose that is good for both partners.

a lot less than bgas.

HA that will be a FROM price!!!!!!

Oh you need a gas pipe upgrade + £100
Oh you need new controlls + £100
Oh You need a flush + £400
Oh you need TRVs + £80

Cant imagine anybody can do the job with that boiler to a decent standard at that price.

Get some local plumber (recommended if poss) and get at most three quotes and go from there.

Worecester in my opinion just advertise better than most and people think oh its expensive must be the best. I hear some good things about Intergas and I install a lot of ATAGs but they are 'exotic' boilers and you may struggle to find locals who have even heard of them.

Its a bit of a prob asking on here whats the best boiler as every one has there favourites.

MOST IMPORTANT best boiler with crap installer = Crap boiler
best boiler with good installer = Investment

Skoda, what boiler and model do you have at present?

Hi DP present boiler (and much loved) is a vokera 2184 turbo.

If my new boiler lasts as long i will be very happy.

Hi all and thank you for replies.

I have searched for my boiler of choice. wb29cdi combi classic and i have found one advertised for £925.00 inc vat,delivery and horizontal flue.

ALL sounds ok.

BUT

Its a cash on delivery service ONLY.

Is this means of purchase normal in the heating/plumbing world.

thank you

No - sounds shoite to me.

You will have fewer options if there is a problem. Why not get the installer to buy it? then you will have a more meaningful warranty.

I highly recommend the Heatline monza.Fantastic boiler at a great price.
Worcester are very overrated in my expert opinion.

I highly recommend the Heatline monza.Fantastic boiler at a great price.

Worcester are very overrated in my expert opinion.

Most installers rate them as very cheap boilers with expensive spare parts!

Why are you so keen to recommend them?

Why do you consider them better than an Intergas for example?

Tony

Thank you for the replies.

Sorry some more questions.

1-So what is the difference if i buy the boiler or if my installer buys the boiler ?.

2-The boiler i need must be able to condense in how water mode as well as radiators mode.does the intergas,heatline and baxi/main do that ?.

3-I have seen a 30cdi combi and it appears very quite,espically when running hot water.compared to my neighbour who has a vailliant combi installed 2 months ago.which is the quietest combi ?.

I am happy to spend more for a better boiler.

Thank you.

Its not terribly important about condensing.

But the Intergas claims to be the only boiler to condense much on DHW. Its not something that you can easily check.

Tony

Get a supply and fix quotation from your installer. Then, if there are any problems, they will be his responsibility.

Its not terribly important about condensing.

But the Intergas claims to be the only boiler to condense much on DHW. Its not something that you can easily check.

Tony

ATAG say this too A325ECX

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back