New combi boiler time.

Funnily enough, so do WB about their CDi range - or at least they used to. Perhaps it was the 35Cdi...?

don't care.

Intergas/Atmos. Then Atag A325ECX.

OP If you supply it, the installer doesn't have to guarantee it works. Only that it doesn't fall off the wall. That is the reason for "trade" and "retail" prices.

Sponsored Links
after some research i am a little confused,a condensing combi boiler does not need to condense all the time to be called a condensing boiler.

so in the summer months when hot water mode is only required it is possible to be throwing say 40kw of energy into a boiler and getting the same efficiency of an older band c boiler.

sounds like some miss selling is going on.as i think this should made clear to the customer before a boiler is selected.

i have phoned and emailed 5 boiler makers mentioned in the replies here and asked them if their combi boilers condense in hot water mode.

answers.
1.no
2.yes but not fully approx 25% condensing.
3.yes but not all in our range.
4.they never have.
5.they are not designed to.

i could name the boiler makers but whats the point.

well i asked my installer about atag and intergas combi boilers and he has heard of them but has no hands on experience of service/repair on them as there are none on his patch.
i asked about heatline,he laughed,asked about ideal same laugh asked about baxi/main/potterton and he said they are reasonable.
he deals with an insurance company that does extended warrantys,social housing heating stock and centrica.
his patch covers west london to surrey and herts borders and he is always very busy,he does installs for family and friends :D
he is registered to do the work and fill in all the paperwork,he says worcester will contact me about an extended warranty once they recieve his paperwork but he told me any extended warranty will be a waste of money on this boiler.
as you can see i am not into warranties (small print and conditions are allowed to change)although when i purchased my car the dealer thought he was giving me a great free bonus with a free warranty to 100.000 miles or 5 years.

best shop price so far is £950.00 and local.

Sponsored Links
Whatever the shop price, let the installer buy it.

Tony

thank you tony,i will let him buy it no probs.

the shop in question has asked if they can buy my old boiler for £25.00 and if we take the complete old boiler to them and collect new boiler they will discount new purchase price.

win,win.win :D

all fitted now,all ok,better than i was expecting and in time to watch the football.

all fitted now,all ok,better than i was expecting and in time to watch the football.

Hello skodaman

I am looking at getting a new boiler.

I was wondering what you thought of the Worcester boiler that you installed 2 years on?

Do you get enough hot water out of it?

Regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back