New combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Hoping to pick the brains of you boiler experts.

We are in the process of major works and want to replace our existing boiler/tank set up with a combi boiler.

We have pretty much replaced all the radiators already so it's a case of amending pipework and fitting new boiler about 50cm to left of existing location which is on an exterior wall.
The pipes would need chasing in for gas etc.

What would a ballpark figure for this upgrade in the Midlands?

What would you recommend boiler wise for a three bed detached property. We want it to be a compact one so it fits in a standard kitchen cupboard.

What boilers would you suggest we avoid!
Thanks in advance.
Lisa :)

Sponsored Links
Thank you for such a useful response Dan.

I hope most users will appreciate that boiler models are regularly being updated and location varies the price considerably thus to ask for such advice won't be seen as an unreasonable question to repeat!!!

I have always found this site excellent and have been bowled over by how willing most users are to share knowledge and experience with those of us who don't have such knowledge on a particular subject. That's why I felt able to ask for this advice on here.

The quote 'if you've nothing constructive to say then please don't say anything at all' comes to mind?

I hope there may be other users who can offer some much needed advice with will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Lisa

If you are considering a combi then the size of the house isnt as important as the number of bathrooms and HW outlets that might be run at the same time i.e an extra shower room or en-suite etc

Sponsored Links
Don't you think that it would be better to ask a local gas registered engineer who can see your property?

As far as models are concerned surely reading existing posts here will give you a idea of which boilers are liked and which give problems?

I would always recommend a heat only boiler and hot water storage tank for a three bedroom house. A combi is more suited for a small flat with a maximum of two living there.

Tony

Don't you think that it would be better to ask a local gas registered engineer who can see your property?

As far as models are concerned surely reading existing posts here will give you a idea of which boilers are liked and which give problems?

I would always recommend a heat only boiler and hot water storage tank for a three bedroom house. A combi is more suited for a small flat with a maximum of two living there.

Tony

What a load of rubbish, there are plenty of combi`s suitable for your needs depending on your HW requirements

depending on the space you have, the Glow worm Flexicom is a small boiler which is suitable for fitting in cupboards etc.

Piers

The ideal logic boilers have a small footprint and are as yet very reliable.
The plus range come with a 7 year warranty subject to an annual service and correct installation.
Jeff

I'd probably say an Intergas Combi but you won't findan installer! Well you may if your lucky.
Go for a Vaillant you will find lots of approved installers I would imagine

I'd probably say an Intergas Combi but you won't findan installer! Well you may if your lucky.
Go for a Vaillant you will find lots of approved installers I would imagine

Ouch.

Didn't you get my email this morning?

Nope? Not directed at you by the way, just a generalisation of the crap job Intergas have done on marketing potentially such a reliable product suited for dirty systems you get in the UK 😁

Fair enough.... will be back in the office in half an hour or so and will resend it from a different address - main company one doesn't seem to get on with Crapple email addresses - turns out I wasn't being ignored by another forum member either, he hadn't received them :LOL:

Guess I had better be nicer about Apple products so that Apple HQ lets me communicate with its customers. :evil:

I saw your message from lunchtime a little earlier so will amend accordingly.

To the OP, you mention pipes would need to be chased in, and then a combi to fit in a kitchen cupboard. In all honesty some manf will tell you about their smaller footprint boilers, what they don't tell you is the fact that you will see the flue at the top, you need to have access to the filling loop, isolating valves, limescale reducer.
If the boiler is going into a larder unit, then great, if its going into a 720 wall unit, don't expect it all to be hidden.
If you still have an airing cupboard - perfect location.

get yourself a Ravenheat C.S.I 150 42 Kws at half the price (?) of any other manu (?)

safest boilers on the market ;) :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back