New combi boiler

Sponsored Links
To the OP, you mention pipes would need to be chased in, and then a combi to fit in a kitchen cupboard. In all honesty some manf will tell you about their smaller footprint boilers, what they don't tell you is the fact that you will see the flue at the top, you need to have access to the filling loop, isolating valves, limescale reducer.
If the boiler is going into a larder unit, then great, if its going into a 720 wall unit, don't expect it all to be hidden.
If you still have an airing cupboard - perfect location.

Thanks for this. The two engineers who have attended haven't mentioned this to me at all! It is just a standard kitchen cupboard.
Would love to put it into the airing cupboard but it's in the middle of our property so getting gas etc attached is a problem. I guess the flue would just go straight out of the roof? Lots to consider that's for sure.

Sponsored Links
That does no say much for the quality of the installers!

All they want is to get paid for fitting a combi regardless of whether that's going to be a good solution for you!

Of course I did not get the job because I told you a storage tank system is the best for your needs!

No competent installer should ever quote for a combi without having measured the dynamic flow rate! Most don't even know what it is anyway!

Tony

I'd probably say an Intergas Combi but you won't findan installer! Well you may if your lucky.
Go for a Vaillant you will find lots of approved installers I would imagine

There are plenty of us who will install Intergas boilers!

They are well suited for many applications. Particularly as heat only boilers for three bedroom houses with hot water storage tanks!

Tony

I'd probably say an Intergas Combi but you won't findan installer! Well you may if your lucky.
Go for a Vaillant you will find lots of approved installers I would imagine

There are plenty of us who will install Intergas boilers!

Tony

I'm sorry Tony, I've checked with Intergas for my area and I can count them on 1 hand for the whole County. Thats not many.

So are you a quote counter who wants 10 to call round and waste a couple of hours each? Why are you not content with the usual three?

I ask a lot of questions and give emailed budgetary quotes so anyone I do work for does not have to cover unnecessary waste of time visits to quote collectors!

Furthermore, most installers will travel at least up to 30 miles to install boilers and further when there is the A1M or M1 motorways nearby.

Dan lives in Herts and does most of his work in London.

I go to Potters Bar and St Albans and Welwyn as normal areas. Not very far from NW9 !

Tony

So are you a quote counter who wants 10 to call round and waste a couple of hours each? Why are you not content with the usual three?

I ask a lot of questions and give emailed budgetary quotes so anyone I do work for does not have to cover unnecessary waste of time visits to quote collectors!

Furthermore, most installers will travel at least up to 30 miles to install boilers and further when there is the A1M or M1 motorways nearby.

Dan lives in Herts and does most of his work in London.

I go to Potters Bar and St Albans and Welwyn as normal areas. Not very far from NW9 !

Tony

I know Dan lives in Herts, he's taken time to come round and quote. I haven't found anyone else to be honest. Before you ask SG2 Stevenage, and i'd be happy to have a quote from you, but I can assure you i'm not a quote counter lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back