Best Recommended Gas Combi Boliers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are looking to replace our existing Gas Combi Boiler (as it just keeps developing faults).

Does anyone have any recommendations?

We want to spend as little as possible (£500 - £800).
We have a 2 bed semi detached house.
Our current boiler is a 24kw so we want something similar.

If anyone can recommend a good brand/model that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
We are looking to replace our existing Gas Combi Boiler

We want to spend as little as possible

Buy cheap, get cheap.
The price of the boiler is only one part, there will be some labour and other materials to pay for.
It is the total budget that you are willing to spend that will determine what kind of quality you end up with.

Sponsored Links
I'm with compheat, the Viessmann I have fitted, I await the Intergas training course.

IMHO, there is no comparison with the Heatline (other than its a white box with lots of pipes coming and going !! )

The Remeha range may be worthy of a look , esp if space is a bit tight, and should the worst happen, the BAXI Potteron Heateam now look after warranty claims.

DH

what is your current boiler and what problems have you been having there? I only ask because should it be a dirty system that kind of problem will live to haunt you.

Please stay away from BnQ!!!! Ok there boilers are cheap but not on the same level as what the guys are recommending. Purchasing the boiler is only part of what is a much bigger job to consider. A good boiler installed very bad will let you down just the same.

Try not to go for the cheapest qoute, I know it might be tempting but if it is to cheap it is almost certain that corners will be cut.

If you expect to spend just up to £800 then you will just be buying another unreliable boiler badly installed which is going to give a succession of faults!

A reasonable combi with proper installation will cost about £1500-£1800.

Tony

The above boilers which have been recommend are very expensive for spares & some spares would be special orders as many merchants wont have them in stock. I would advise if you are looking for a decent cheap boiler a baxi 105he which is also the same boiler as a potterton performer or Main which is the cheapest of the 3 but is the same boiler

Heatline Monza wont be a bad bet if thats your budget, dont get me wrong, im all along the lines of you buy what you get, but lets not all forget Heatline is now owned by Vaillant.

The Monza I believe, but am not 100%, uses the ecotec plus heat exchanger, and premix burner, and the hydraulics are not to different, if there going for 400 notes that cant be that bad surely?????

I've fitted loads of biasi boilers ,well priced,only 1 call back to replace a pump,that was after 5 years.

We are looking to replace our existing Gas Combi Boiler (as it just keeps developing faults).

Does anyone have any recommendations?

We want to spend as little as possible (£500 - £800).

I hope that budget is for the boiler and not for the whole install or you'll be sorely disappointed and end up with something just as unreliable as what you have now. I'd recommend an Intergas Combi Compact HRE 28/24, which is an excellent boiler with a similar power output to your current boiler. Now I can get one of these for a smidgen under £780 inc flue and VAT, but so it's technically within your budget, however that's trade price and if you're looking to purchase yourself you'll find it's a lot more than this.

Spend abit more and get a intergas only 4 moving parts, find a installer and then you get 5years warranty parts and labour, its a no brainer !

Jeff

ajdgas

Heatline Monza = a Gloworm Betacom A !!

Biasi UK = stay away from them a total shower to deal with IMHO

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back