Worcester Bosch Greenstar 28i Junior boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya guys :cool:

In the process of replacing boiler + thermal store with single combi boiler. Was advised to go for Worcester Greenstar 28i Junior boiler by the gas engineer. Ours is a 3-bed semi detached property with 1 bathroom.

Just wanted to know if this would be suitable as Bosch website claims this model to be an entry level suitable for 'small properties, such as a flats and semi-detached homes'.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Without knowing what the cold water mains pressure and flow is, and also the flow rate from your thermal store to compare, because you could lose out on flow bud. The I junior is the entry level, with no hot water thermostat, personally there are better Worcester boilers. But first find out the above before you proceed any further.

Mains flow as measured is about 17litres / min. Hot water from thermal store is about 10litres / min.

Is is necessary to have a separate thermostat for hot water? Our thermal store doesnt have one but set at 75C.

Engineer suggested 28i as it fits within the space currently holding Pottertron Suprima.

The worcesters raise the incoming cold water by 42deg, so bear in mind in mid winter the cold mains is around 5 - 6deg. The cdi has a slightly bigger footprint, or the viessmann is iirc the same size. 5 year warranty on the i junior or 7 years on the si & cdi range if fitted by an accredited installer.

I was expecting more from the thermal store.

Sponsored Links
The worcesters raise the incoming cold water by 42deg, so bear in mind in mid winter the cold mains is around 5 - 6deg. The cdi has a slightly bigger footprint, or the viessmann is iirc the same size. 5 year warranty on the i junior or 7 years on the si & cdi range if fitted by an accredited installer.

Thats what I measured in hot water tap. Probably low due to scale / age of thermal store... donno really.

Sorry, could u explain a bit more about the temp raise to 42degrees pls? :)

Thats what I measured in hot water tap. Probably low due to scale / age of thermal store... donno really.

Sorry, could u explain a bit more about the temp raise to 42degrees pls? :)

He didn't mean raise it TO 42 Degrees.

He meant it would raise the temperature BY 42 Degrees;

Cold Mains = 0DegC
Boiler ON
Hot Water @ Taps = 42Deg C

Cold Mains = 10DegC
Boiler ON
Hot Water @ Taps = 52DegC

And so on...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back