HELP!! Bosch 24i/28i Greenstar Junior Combi RE-PRESSURIZE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I have the above boiler - the booklet says Worcester Bosch 24i/28i Greenstar Junior Combi Boiler on it) and recently ordered a large key for it, only for it to plunge me into more confusion.

The large key wouldn't go further up that white-ish pipe (due to there being a curve on the inner side of the pipe), plus I couldn't see any water tap nearby either (all photos attached)

Any help or steps that you can advise me of will be much appreciated....it's really starting to stress me out.

Thanks in advance

:)

Attachments

• IMG_20160405_132751.jpg
    IMG_20160405_132751.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_20160405_132803.jpg
    IMG_20160405_132803.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_20160405_132819.jpg
    IMG_20160405_132819.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 214
Sponsored Links
The large key won't fit because you don't have a worcester filling link... Look round for a couple of valves linked with a braided flexible hose. Before you use the boiler refit the cap that you have removed and do it properly or get an RGI to do it for you as without that cap your home will fill with products of combustion..

You can see the braided hose in the 3rd pic, open one valve and then gradually open the other till the needle on the gauge reads around 1 bar... Then close BOTH valves

this is fantastic advice!

Thank you Davie!

I am about to head out right now so will give this a go when back...

So i wouldn't need a key!! I can't believe the guy on ebay sold it to me even after i told him my boiler model!

I pushed and clicked that cap tightly shut so hopefully it should be okay

I'll keep you posted

Thanks once again!

A lot of Worcester combis do use those keys, I think that they were an optional extra. Yours just hasn't got one.

Sponsored Links
The sump bottom of the condense trap is missing therefore open to atmosphere. I suggest you leave that boiler well alone til a GSR engineer has attended and replaced whats missing

The large key wouldn't go further up that white-ish pipe (due to there being a curve on the inner side of the pipe),
:Dthank you for brightening up my day.

That did make me chuckle!

That's the first time I've heard of anyone trying to use the filling key in the condensate trap!

Classic!:LOL:

this is fantastic advice!

I pushed and clicked that cap tightly shut so hopefully it should be okay

You should really get that checked by an RGI before you use your boiler again - you've removed the bottom of the condensate trap and unless the cap is absolutely correctly refitted you'll end up with flue gases leaking into your room. The water that fell out when you removed it also needs replacing before the boiler is fired up again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back