Worcester Greenstar

The component count has massively reduced as electronics manufacturer have brought out purpose designed driver chips.
Boiler manufacturers charge what they can get away with...plenty of other Worcester parts are now extortionate.

Sponsored Links
I had a WB 28i junior for 17 years.
It worked fine although I added 5 radiators to the system in that time and an extra shower room.
Few problems were fixed under warranty: 1. fan when I mistakenly turned it off for a month.
2. Heat exchanger which got clogged possibly because there was no filter installed and I cleaned the system with x400.
3. Expansion vessel kept on deflating and needed top up every couple of weeks, but lasted until the end.
4. Analogue timer which I paid for, bought from screwfix and had it fitted by service engineer .
5. Diverter valve x 2, somehow this caused many problems in the last 2 years.

Eventually, as I was repiping the whole system and replacing all radiators, I decided to go for a new more powerful boiler and never looked back.
I get better flow in the loft conversion and we can use 2 showers simultaneously.
Heating is very efficient, but it was expected considering that it's all new and there are no more dead legs anywhere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back