New combi required - bosch, vaillant or Main?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all,

I am having to replace my old vaillant turbomax 828 as it is fianlly on its last legs. I have a shortlist:
Vaillant 831 plus
Bosch 29/30cdi - not sure what the main difference is.
Main 30He

it is going to be used in a 3 bed flat with 1 shower / bath and 6 radiators.

Bosch/vaillant costs the same give or take a few pennies inc flues and digital timers. Vaillant has 2 years guarantee, bosch gives 2 years+3 years on top as part of promo.

Main seems to be a good recommendation as a basic boiler - a few plumbers recommended this but not sure how long it will go for. Its also £400 cheaper.

Is cheaper always best?

do bosch offer the 5 year as its less reliable then the vaillant? Also been told servicing and parts cost more.

Does anyone have any experience with any of these boilers?
Any constructive feedback is welcome.

Cheers
MD

Does anyone have a

Sponsored Links
Intergas Combi Compact HRE

This question gets asked every week, do a search. Of the three you've selected, is go for the Vaillant, but Intergas is better and cheaper...

Intergas Combi Compact HRE

This question gets asked every week, do a search. Of the three you've selected, is go for the Vaillant, but Intergas is better and cheaper...

Same as Muggles I've had no problems with the Intergas :)

Sponsored Links
thats great guys. Thanks for the input. I think I might be sticking to vaillant. Ive been told I can get 5 years warranty with dedicated approved installer so seems like a good deal. I might go with an integras on a let out property as its a cheaper alternative.

Why are you changing your existing boiler?

Is it the turbo max plus, the one with a cream facia and grey buttons? If so a fixed cost repair at around £300 and Vailant will rebuild it (with a few limitations such as access and water quality)

Even the earlier black fronted model is often viable, but only if in reasonable condition.

You'll get a 5 year warranty on the Intergas with an approved installer, as Dan has already said. Also, it's the only boiler of those mentioned that has a 10 year warranty on the heat exchanger

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back