So new boiler - Vaillant or Bosch?

As a matter of interest how much is he quoting to install a boiler ( excluding boiler cost) ?

Sponsored Links
No real answer to this as we all have our own preferences. Personally would choose Vaillant over Worcester all day long. However if it was for my own house then would opt for Viessmann.

Sponsored Links
You are in a plumbing and heating forum. You will get replies here from homeowners, DIYers, plumbers who fit maybe 6 boilers a year, repairers, and finally installers who fit over 50-100 per year.

I'm in the latter category and I happen to fit just Vaillant, Bosch and Viessmann, nothing else in the domestic small gas market.

I know which models give us the most trouble over the first 5-7 years, but if I say here, lots of the former people will vehemently tell me I'm wrong.

If you REALLY want to know which manufacturer is best, ring their service helpline this morning and see how quick they answer (numbers are on their web sites). I refer to the OP, dont all do it, it will waste valuable resources!

One will stand out from the other two. If you get cut off or no answer tell us who it was.

The one with the customer service that stinks will surprise those that read this thread like it was the gospel, because I know what the answer will be.

oh come on simond they will answer eventually after they have stopped laughing at your problem & you want a service engineer when ?

You are in a plumbing and heating forum. You will get replies here from homeowners, DIYers, plumbers who fit maybe 6 boilers a year, repairers, and finally installers who fit over 50-100 per year.

I'm in the latter category and I happen to fit just Vaillant, Bosch and Viessmann, nothing else in the domestic small gas market.

I know which models give us the most trouble over the first 5-7 years, but if I say here, lots of the former people will vehemently tell me I'm wrong.

If you REALLY want to know which manufacturer is best, ring their service helpline this morning and see how quick they answer (numbers are on their web sites). I refer to the OP, dont all do it, it will waste valuable resources!

One will stand out from the other two. If you get cut off or no answer tell us who it was.

The one with the customer service that stinks will surprise those that read this thread like it was the gospel, because I know what the answer will be.

Come on Simon!

You obviously have a wealth of experience in this field so share it with us! if people disagree that's their prerogative but I'd really like to know what you think.

So please tell us!

Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back