So new boiler - Vaillant or Bosch?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so my old Ariston boiler stopped working and instead of fixing it and maybe keep spending money on it to keep it going I have decided to get a new boiler.

So I have been quoted a good price by a recommended plumber and I am stuck on which one to choose.

So the first choice is the Vaillant Ecotec Plus 824 and the second is the Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Si.

Now to my limited knowledge the only difference is that the Bosch boiler has a higher flow rate at 12 and the Vaillant has 9. But then I am not sure if this will be a noticeable difference? I have also heard that Bosch's customer service is excellent and better than Vaillant.

Now the difference between the 2 boilers is £108 with the bosch being the more expensive, they both have 5 year warranties as well.

So I am really stuck in deciding which one to go for?

Sponsored Links
The boilers are very different in power,the 837 is the equivalent to the 30 si ,and I would have a Vaillant over a Worcester every time.I only repair,not install & Vaillants seem more reliable & easier to work on,but thats my opinion,others will no doubt differ.

Glowworm Ultracom2 30CXI, Sister company of Vaillant excellent combi and usually cheaper than Vaillant.

Definately the Vaillant. We have recently had a Worcester Bosch fitted and the Flow rate is so fast, that you constantly get a terrible whooshing noise in the radiators (which were also brand new). The noise is so loud its unbearable.
My Aunti has a Vaillant and she has never had any problems.

Sponsored Links
Valiant every time .

I fix them all and I used to swear by Worcester. Now I'm only ever swearing AT then. Crap fan blower units that are common to the SI, Ri and juniors as well as the crap aluminium heat exchangers they share.

Valiant, glow worm and viessmann to name but a few use stainless steel.

Just because you've heard of Worcester , and this goes for ALL thepublic who read this, it dosent mean they are the best.

It just means they are the best at marketing. That dosent make it some sort of unfalable boiler that never goes wrong:rolleyes:

Vaillant everytime, with there own controls such as the 350 and 470..

I install lots of vaillants, and with these controls correctly set up, they are very good...

If you ask a dozen plumbers best boiler they will argue all day

I prefer Worcester as back up is better ......... IMHO valliant stinks if theres a fault ...

Either boiler is as good as each other ....... Get a Worcetser accredated to install and you will get a 7 Year warranty ........... also if me I would spend the extra and get a 34CDi .......... beast of a boiler and great water flow

But as they says ... you pays your money and takes your choice

valliant
i dont fit plastic boiler AKA worcester :)

Doubt if u will get a plastic gas pipe with the Vaillant , worcs u probably will :)

IMHO valliant stinks if theres a fault ...

When did you last call them? On the few occasions I've had to call them out to a warranty fault in the last couple of years they've attended either the same day or the next day and fixed the problem with no quibbles at all. They answer the phone quickly and are polite and helpful. What more do you want?

Out of Vaillant and WB I'd go for Vaillant every time, out of choice I'd go for Intergas

Worcester cdi range,i had a 29 cdi classic installed 2 weeks ago and its better than what i was expecting.

very good controllable hot water output,very quite in hot water or heating mode and very economical.

good luck.

LisaWiddi";p="2552924 said:
Definately the Vaillant. We have recently had a Worcester Bosch fitted and the Flow rate is so fast, that you constantly get a terrible whooshing noise in the radiators (which were also brand new). The noise is so loud its unbearable.
My Aunti has a Vaillant and she has never had any problems.[/quot

The noise in your radiators has absolutely nothing to do with the flow rate, the flow rate is the amount of hot water that comes out of the hot water tap, the problem you have is an installation fault and nothing to do with the Worcester boiler, you need to get your installer back and tell him/her to balance your system properly and the noise will stop

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back