New Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I'm new to this site so I'm not sure if this question has been asked before.

Can I put a oil fired combi boiler in my loft space ??????

I'm trying to save some room in my kitchen !!!!!

Also if it came be put in the roof, is there a ridge vent terminal available ????

Evofluff

Sponsored Links
Sombody's got to service it, how much extra do you want to pay for the running up and down? If it's a floor standing one it'll weigh over 3 cwt.

What about a wall mount inside downstairs, or an external boiler?

Gas combis often go in lofts. Wall mountred ones on a wooden structure. Is oil a different proposition?

chris a oil boiler is aheavy beast add the combi bits and your talking serious weight nothing like agas combi 30/40kilo ,its bad enough positioning one on the ground without trying to get it in the loft :eek:

Sponsored Links
Thanks All for your comments.

I'm going to stick with the boiler on the ground floor where the existing one is and install some OSO Hot water cylinders in the loft instead.

Anyone know how to work out what size joists I need to install to take the extra weight of these cylinders when full.

Span is going to be 2.5m and the weight when full is 215Kg ???

Evofluff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back