new combiboiler programable thermostat question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
howdy, new Valliant combiboiler installed, love it

question is this, there's a time clock on the boiler but as I want to have some level of heating all the time I see no use for it, I've got a new thermostat which is set to very warm, as the girls like it

I was expecting to get a seven day programmable thermostat, although I didn;t ask for one, which would let me set the temperature much lower at night but back to very warm before people get up, also let me set days differently to suit days the house is empty and days it isn't, just spoke to the engineer that installed it and he got a bit excited about the boiler being switched to ON 24/7, not quite sure he understood what I wanted, seemed to think what he'd installed was fine

Am I being silly? found this

http://www.heatmisershop.co.uk/Controls_Best_Practice-sp-11.html
which suggests best practise would have been/is to install a programmable thermostat, as I expected to get

Grateful for expert opinion/experience on this one, thanks

Sponsored Links
Personally I always fit programmable thermostats with combis and don't normally bother to install the mechanical clock, or certainly not pay extra for one if it isn't included.

You are perfectly right in what you say, and the boiler isn't on 24/7 - it's just waiting for a demand for heating via the stat.

You can replace the existing room stat with a battery powered programmable one in a few minutes and set the clock to the permanent position.

Thanks fella, thought i was right, I think the engineer's having a bad day and hasn't understood what I'm saying

Cool

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back