thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In my airing cupboarad upstairs, I have a Worcester 28SiII combi boiler, which controls the radiators upstairs and the pain-to-install-but-nice-now-it's-done underfloor heating downstairs. It has a control panel on it which can be set for times of day to come on for the radiators and two separate programmable thermostats for the two underfloor heating zones downstairs.

There are also two dials on the front of the boiler, one to set how hot you want the hot water to be, and how hot you want the radiators to be.

There is also a Potterton wall mounted thermostat, a dial which has a temperature gauge on it (Electrics are neutral, permanent live and switched live).

I have never really understood what the Potterton thermostat is for. Surely the heat of the radiators is controlled by the dial on the boiler, so why the Potterton?

Can someone clarify?

Thanks.

split from hijacked post m1

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
boiler dial comtrols water temp
room stat works on air temp in the room :)

Which stops the boiler from cycling up & down unnecessarily, anyway it's building regs init? :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back