New composite door locking issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning,

Ive just had a new composite front door fitted which has the winkhaus AV3 slam shut locking system. Upon installation the installer found the middle latch not engaging and said the daytime latch locking system was not engaging properly so would order a replacement and come back to fit it.

I trust him to do this however I have since looked at the door and frame, and found to deadbolt will not engage fully. I can see the keep in the centre of the frame is fitted about 10mm too low in comparison to the door lock so the latch and dead bolt hit the front of the keep and do not go into the recess. I then measured the top and bottom locking hooks and found the keeps are mounted so that the hooks only go into the middle of the recess and do not actually hook over the bottom lip

Before I formally raise this with the installer I wanted to check if the top and bottom keeps/hooks are correct.
I personally believe all 3 keeps have been fitted incorrectly by the factory and would possibly cause issues should an insurance claim arise in future.

If they are too low, what are my options? Can they be moved sufficiently without leaving an cosmetic damaged and will they be secure? r will I require a while new door/frame?

Sorry for rambling

Tony

Sponsored Links
Without a photo and all dimensions impossible to answer with any accuracy.

Without a photo and all dimensions impossible to answer with any accuracy.

It is very hard to get an image of the latches/keeps with the door in the closed position. The hooks enter the recess but do not hook over the bottom edge as per this diagram so is it fair to assume they are not fitted correctly at the factory?
upload_2021-5-29_12-46-55.png

Is the door meant to have a level theshold and it doesn't?

Sponsored Links
I managed to get back to the house and get some images of the issue.
The pencil lines are the location of the recess/holes in the keeps on the frame. You can see that the hooks do not hook over the bottom edge and also the central latch/deadbolt both hit the top face of the keeps and will not engage.
20210531_111000.jpg
20210531_111007.jpg
20210531_111012.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back