New concealed mixer shower problems...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok guys.

I fitted a Quartz option 2 shower from the Alan T Carr bathroom brochure. Which is basically Eastbrook products.
I have not fitted an eastbrook shower before (and never ever will again..) anyway it was the customers choice so here is the issue.

All plumbed in, set the dial and put the chrome adjusters on, tested it. All fine.
Very hot at the top end so tweaked the heat adjuster cog, all fine .

Went back again 20 mins later after turning it off for a final test..., the thermostatic dial had become very stiff and only turned 45 degrees max as opposed to the 270 odd degrees it should rotate (when lock button pressed you get the last rotation of hot)

So after much messing about they sent me a replacement cartridge.

Sorted? NO

If I remove the cartridge it is ok to turn the cog (it seems to free up), then I reset, refit and it works perfectly, then once you turn it off (shower water off) it does the same thing the next time you run it. The themostatic dial goes very stiff.

This is really doing my nut in. Anyone got any ideas? It has all been tiled in. I am at a loss and pretty close to chucking it in a skip and getting a mira. but that will involve a lot of pain to fit!!

Any advice appreciated.

Oh, I have confirmed pipes are the correct way round. Hot IS Hot and Cold IS cold.
Incoming water pressure is 3 bar and working pressure just under that. the shower is rated to 5 bar.

AT A LOSS>>!!!! thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back