New Concrete Floor

Moi you best tone down you attitude if you wana stick around much longer. u catching my drift? ;)

MUPPETS puppet

Sponsored Links
It seems to be a dramatically attention-seeking troll.

Best starve it of its vital resource then. No more oxygen

You're wrong there Mointainwalker. I'm just giving you a taste of your own medicine. You and the rest of your ilk think it's o.k to rip into people. You have a very high opinion of yourself hence you scurrilous, pugnacious comments.
Like i said if you want to stick around then you best change your attitude and start showing some respect. Theres a new man in town ;)

Sponsored Links
As you probably know, there is no way to correct your username yourself once entered.
I always thought that was the French spelling of mountain :confused: I'm pretty good at English but foreign languages are a bit of a mystery to me :!:

Does give the username a bit of a Gallic ring to it though :p

@Ronny, Mointain gets all his spellings and the rest off FMT, if you catch my drift :LOL:

It seems to be a dramatically attention-seeking troll.

Best starve it of its vital resource then. No more oxygen
Agreed. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for a while, despite his inane questions...
I was wondering if he was perhaps doing an NVQ and trying to obtain information for his course by pretending to be a DIYer. :eek:

Let's be honest, his questions make it sound like he's about to embark on building an extension, yet he doesn't know the first thing about building. If that is the case I would really like to see what this extension looks like when he's finished :!:

diy001, if possible I think you need this book even more than the Building Construction Handbook: How To Win Friends And Influence People

Ronny, whats up with you? What have i said to upset you now?

And no i dont need a book on how to make false friendz thank you very much.

And no i dont need a book on how to make false friendz thank you very much.
If you think it's about making false friends, then you probably really do need the book - then you'd realise it isn't about that :rolleyes:

Simon you're starting to become Quarrelsome like the rest of them. Treat others as you yourself would like to be treated, and i'm afraid these guys have been quite rude to me on a few occasions. FMT and his ilk are bullies!

Simon you're starting to become Quarrelsome like the rest of them. Treat others as you yourself would like to be treated, and i'm afraid these guys have been quite rude to me on a few occasions. FMT and his ilk are bullies!
In what way have I been rude or abusive to you ? I have suggested that your attitude to "How to make friends and influence people" suggests that you would probably benefit from reading it as it sounds like you have an incorrect idea of what it says. If you choose not to read it then (IMO) that's your loss - and your choice, I'm not going to suggest you must read it.

I do agree that others could have shown a bit more restraint - but your behaviour in this thread alone isn't exactly beyond comment. Whether deliberate or accidental, you have managed to wind people up. I've merely tried to point that out to you as a disinterested third party - if you believe that's being quarrelsome then you're entitled to that opinion, though I disagree with it.

Part of what you take as abuse, does seem to include some good advice - even if it is wrapped up in derogatory language. I haven't read enough of your queries to comment, but others seem to think you are asking a lot of questions which suggest you are attempting a project which is beyond your skills. If someone thinks that, then it is right that they should point it out - but I do agree with you that some of the comments go far beyond that (they could also benefit from reading the book !). Again, I'm not trying to be quarrelsome, just point out how I see it as (hopefully still) a disinterested third party.

Simon i appreciate what you're saying, but i must be honest here i never made any rude or derogatory comments in any of my post? Yes i did counter attack but i belive that was whole justified.
I havent asked anything stupid or unrelevent, i have stated in many of my posts i'm a sub experienced builder, But yet this elite force still has the nerve to ridicule some of my questions.

I'll share an example. I read in a pretty basic but still highly recommended book that hardcore should be laid into a footing prior to concrete fill. I was a little confused to this arrangement as i've never heard it done like this before,
Therefore i put the question up with the book refrence page that i found the info from "if hardcore should be laid down in to a footing prior to concrete fill".
Can you see a problem with this question? Is this a burdening question?

Its not a question of which book i got the ifo from, the fact is i asked a very straight forward question and left it for who ever wanted to answer it, i never forced anyone. But for someone to then come up and insult my intelligence like that and show such disdain which has then paved way for the other sheep to have a poke is highly unacceptable.

As for FMT he blantantly holds a very high opinion of him self, so much so that he can sit behine his screen and spew threating posts. He need to be told and tone down his attitude as it stinks.
But again Simon i have no problem with you, i just thought you too were having a poke.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back