new consumer unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all!

:D This is my first post to these forums, I have found them extemely useful and my thanks to those authors whose advice I have already taken on board.
My question is can anyone give me a rough idea of the charge I can expect from a professional electrician to replace my existing consumer unit? I have tried the postcode search on this website with no luck & just wondered before I start going through the phonebook.

Many thanks :D

Sponsored Links
I usually charge about €250 all in for a domestic installation (Ireland). Roughlt converts to £150stg. This includes the price of the CU at about €80 (hager). Would this be similar in the U.K.?

d u use slave labour or something?
if your neare london your looking at arround £350-£500

As supersparks has said, it depends on your location.....

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies, as I live in the south I'll use supersparks as a guideline. :)

Depends if you have split-load or not, but as a guide £500 for a split-load unit inc main bonding.

I live in Stockport.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back