New CU keeps tripping

The tester Hotpoint used to test was a Martindale EZ650.

Sponsored Links
The fact you are on a TT supply will probably be the reason why it is up to 100 ohms. A TN supply should be well under 10 ohms. If you look on your EIC for the consumer unit what is the Ze value and what is the Zs value for the ring circuit?

nozspark said:
Yeeeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

lol

I'd put money on this being the lighting circuit, i haven't read the whole thread but i've seen enough installations to take an educated guess. The lights dont necessarily need to be on to cause fault. check at each light fitting.

Hi Chris
What am I looking for visually or how do I check with my multi meters?

Thanks Sparky123 about the 100 ohms being ok for my TT system.
I'm not sure what the Ze or the Zs value is.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
No not yet, he needs to pass the lighting to complete the work, but that has a reverse polarity on the circuit that needs to be looked at first. The rest he said had passed.

When I reset the 100mA RCD it trips the mcb 30mA on the radial main in our living room that only has our TV set, video, cable box on it. What could be causeing this?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back