New diodes for broken TV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening.

My kitchen TV (Toshiba 19BV510B) went pop and I saw a small puff of smoke - now the TV will not fire up (no power light).

A quick search on the net revealed that it is usually the diodes that go on the particular power board (17IPS16-4) and I found that the two big ones are indeed broken.

I know nothing about diodes and cannot seem to find an exact replacement - they say SBC5100 pec 1279.

Which part of that is relevant to sourcing a new one?

Sponsored Links
I know nothing about diodes and cannot seem to find an exact replacement - they say SBC5100 pec 1279.
I believe an SR5100 should be equivalent; i.e. a 5A 100V rectifier diode:

Although given the age of the TV, I wouldn't put too much effort into a repair :)

... make sure you put the diodes in the right way around and it would be worth replacing all four of the "big ones"!

EDIT:
It seems 'repair kits', are available from eBay:
(At an inflated price considering they only contain four diodes!)
The description and pictures could be useful...

Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back