New Door Handle.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Upvc front door, it was fitted when we moved in. The outside handle is a stubby handle, you can pull it up to o’clock the door but you can’t open the door from the outside, which is great.

The other half wanted a new letter box and picked a silver one, which mean we now have to have a silver door handle.

Now here is my question, I don’t want the door to be able to be opened from outside, do I need a certain door handle for will any do?

Any recommendations where to buy door handles, I’ve looked on line and the usual places (screw fix, tool station, etc) don’t have much choice.

Thanks,
Dan.

Sponsored Links
I think this is a split spindle door lock referred to as a "Lever -Pad Set up you cant change the way it latches and locks without replacing the whole locking mech . You could try the Handle Store or Handles & Hinges just Google search for the web site .We are a Aluminum and Upvc manufacturer and installer - we get stuff for obscure jobs form both these suppliers.Good Luck!

Thank you!
It’s great to know I won’t change the way my door work by changing the handles!
I have an unexpected day off work so I’ll take a look at them websites and get something ordered.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back