New door.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to replace our porch door (the internal door from the house to the porch). The existing door is 838mm wide by 42mm thick in a door frame with a 45mm rebate.
The door is part glazed.
As the house was built in 1967, would this be regarded as a fire door?
I`m not sure about regulations regarding doors, but I want to replace it with a glazed, or part glazed door. The standard internal door thicknesses available these days seem to be 35mm, or 40mm.
Obviously the 35mm would be no good, but a 40mm door would be OK, as long as it doesn`t need to be a fire door.
Any advice welcome.

Sponsored Links
if the door has your main security locks on it then its an exterior door and ideally needs to be replaced with a 44mm door[42-45]

Im pretty sure fire doors starts at 45mm
Fire doors start at 35mm thick, although the majority of FD30 flush panel doors are 44mm, whilst many FD60 fire doors are 50mm. AFAIK fire rated front doors are normally only required in houses of multiple occupancy (e.g. blocks of flats). For a single house I can't see there being much point in having them

Sponsored Links
OP - is your house 3 or more storeys? BTW, for a 45mm rebate you might be limited to a 44mm door.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back