New Dual Flush - NOT HAPPY

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just had a new dual flush insert added to my Roca dual flush toilet as it was constantly running after flushing.
The new flusher sticks up off the back of the toilet rather stupidly, where as the original was set nicely into the lid, and it is not connected to the dual flush, so when we press either button, they both go down.

a) Should the plumber have been able to get me the same part as he removed?
b)Should he have at least connected the dual flush to the new dual flush flusher
c) As I am REALLY not happy with the finished fixture, what should I do????

HELP :(

Sponsored Links
get him back to do it properly.
either fit the one thats in correct or fit one that will fit/work correct.

all parts for a roca are avaiable.
i aways keep afew roca seals hany as they are prone to wear.

Get him back. If you have the details of make / model, you should, dependent on how old the toilet is, get a replacement.

I've just rung him, and he says he will come back to fix the dual flush problem, I asked him why we havent got the correct replacement part for the Roca toilet (which I have now found from a link from a different forum) and he said it was because he goes to his local merchant supplier and gets what is there?? Is this right? Should I accept that he has fitted a working toilet flush that looks stupid that I am not happy with, or demand that he replaces it with the correct fitting flush?

Sponsored Links
if your not happy then tell him to change it.

why didn't he just replace the fauly seal on the old one
i paid just over a pound for a roca seal cheaper than a new flush.

sometimes i have spent days asking people and looking on internet for parts that may or may not exist anymore to keep customers happy.
then next time you know where to get part if needed again.

some people just can't be arsed.

have you still got the roca flush that you took out ?

You're right there, Seco. And those seals just bubble up, its only this that normally causes a problem :)

as you spoke to him tell him to bring it back and refit and just change the seal.
as he has fitted one that don't do the job

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back