new electric shower going hot&cold MIRA making silly excuses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have recently had a new Mira Sport 9 electric shower fitted. It worked ok for a week then on the high setting (the only one which a decent amount of water comes out of) it is going hot cold hot cold. Ive activated my guarantee and just phoned MIRA who have told me that its perfectly normal for this to happen at this time of year due to the warmer temp of water going into the shower and that i need to put the shower on the lower eco setting for it to work properly?! They are insistent that this is how these showers function and its all quite normal! I have another old electric shower in the house that doesnt do this! How can a brand new modern tech shower not work properly just because its summer? The guy on the phone said it would work ok again on the high setting once we get to autumn/winter! The water flow on the eco setting is rubbish, theres hardly any water comes out.

Is this a valid reason or am i being fobbed off with some bizarre excuse for a rubbish shower?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
if you turn the lower dial fully anti clockwise ( to colder ) and put heating elements ( top dial ) to high setting ,what is the temperature of the water like ? and does it alter if you make no further adjustment ?

In very Hot weather when thre incoming water temperature is relatively high you may need to use your shower on Medium setting. it could be that on high it is getting too hot and it temporarily stops heating the water to protect itself.

I have recently had a new Mira Sport 9 electric shower fitted.
Has your installer been back to carry out some fault finding,it could be working as intended by the manufactures or it could be a faulty unit of faulty installation.
Did he measure the varying temperatures with a thermometer and record ? Has the flow rate been measured ? is the flow rate steady ? your installer will know how to do them basic checks.
Your shower could be going into anti scald mode, as mentioned before turning down the temperature selector should help.

Have you asked for mira to send a service engineer out ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
tell mira they are taking the p!ss ;) ring up again and i bet you will get a different answer

Which model of the Mira Sport do you have, there are 3, and will work differently.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back