New electricity in barn in Limousin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Renovating barn in France and have just been told that eletricity has now been installed and I would like to know exactly what they will have installed so when I get there I can take the supply to the rooms straight away did not quite understand EDF at time of quote
Do they just put a meter in or is it to a breaker ?
Also this was what they installed
3/18 kva what is this in uk? and is this normal power as they mentioned it may be temporary power supply

Thanks

Tony

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a disjoncteur. There's no equivalent in the UK.

EDF set it to limit the demand. If you exceed the set demand, you are automatically disconnected.

You pay a monthly charge that depends on the demand setting; the higher the setting, the more you pay. You pay for the kWh you consume as well.

Hi
It looks like they have supplied a Three phase incomer. If you are just converting a barn into a house, you would only reqiure a single phase supply, you should request this at the local EDF office, they call it Mono Phase.
I know that a single phase incomer is fitted with a 500Ma circuit breaker, To convert to mono phase is not a big deal, there may be a small fee.
Regards
Stuart :D

sounds like a 3 phase incomer so if you wan't to keep it that way (sounds like a nice big supply too) then you'r presumablly going to have to get a 3 phase board to connect to it.

Sponsored Links
"Sounds like a disjoncteur. There's no equivalent in the UK.

EDF set it to limit the demand. If you exceed the set demand, you are automatically disconnected."

Seems similar to a service fuse, except that its a circuit breaker.

+++++++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back