new ensuite waste to existing svp or main drain direct?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm planning to add an extension with an ensuite shower room to the side of my house at ground floor level. However the existing bathroom with its svp is on the opposite side of the house. It is about 12.5m from the new toilet to the existing svp which I was hoping to connect into.

As the house has a suspended timber ground floor (with a 550mm clearance from underside of the joists to the concrete below) I am wondering whether it is better to run a 110 dia waste pipe below the floor boards into the existing svp or take the waste from the new ensuite directly outside and into the existing public sewer which is approximately 25m away and will require the formation of a man hole at the connection point.

Thanks,

Al.

Sponsored Links
Providing you can obtain the falls and the pipe diameter of the existing SVP/run is sufficient to receive additional waste, then go for that option, which appears to be the most cost effective?

What has your local BCO recommended... if anything?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back