New expansion vessel needed?

I got as much water out as would come out of the valve, it was hard to contain the water so some kitchen roll was needed but it didn't seem like there was very much water in the air side (maybe a couple of shots worth at most). I'll see what the pressure is like when I get home and then fire up the system and see what the pressure difference is this time.

Can the valves be changed in place or do you need to open up/take off the ev in order to change it? its a bit of a tight fit to even get to the valve so probably not likely changeable in place anyway though.

Any Bike Shop will stock schraders valves & wee tool to remove/replace them.

In my experience it's not common for the EV diaphragm to be ruptured. Mostly drain the system through the DRAIN VALVE, new schraders valve, pump up the air pressure & fill the system again......Job done!!!

Sponsored Links
I agree that it is very rare for an EXV to be ruptured*. Quite common to find 5-10 cc of water on the air side though.

I can only remember one time I took a boiler off the wall to replace the EXV. With the owner's help with lifting that hardly took 45 min.

Another with a ruptured EXV because someone left the filling loop valve open, the installer was required to take boiler off wall so I could replace the EXV on the floor under the warranty.

Tony

* That is excluding the "instant" Baxi and Potterton boilers of course.

I agree that it is very rare for an EXV to be ruptured*. Quite common to find 5-10 cc of water on the air side though.

I can only remember one time I took a boiler off the wall to replace the EXV. With the owner's help with lifting that hardly took 45 min.

Another with a ruptured EXV because someone left the filling loop valve open, the installer was required to take boiler off wall so I could replace the EXV on the floor under the warranty.

Tony

* That is excluding the "instant" Baxi and Potterton boilers of course.

Strange mindset Tony??!! 10cc is the average sperm discharge!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back