New extension hot / cold feeds.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok, done a load of research and i need some advice to clarify some points.

Just built a new extension and am in process of plumbing new en-suite up.

Because i don't want to rip up old floorboards and tap into exisiting services my idea is this.

I am going to fit a salamander RHP75 whole house pump to my hot water cylinder and cold water expansion tank to feed the extension (toilet / basin / shower).

At the moment my system is a normal vented / expansion tank system.

My question is this.

Currently there is a flange at the top of the hot water cylinder which tee's off, one side goes to my existing house hot water supply, the other goes to expansion tank vent.

Salamander recommends that i fit a S-flange to the top of the tank to prevent air being drawn into the pump.

Is it as simple as removing the old flange, fitting the s-flange, fitting the pump to the side port of the flange and then re-connecting the vent / existing house hot water supply to the top port of the flange.

I dont want to fit an essex flange, so please dont suggest it, i'm not being arrogant but i have not desire to have to cut a new hole in my tank and risk knackering it up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dave

Sponsored Links
Because i don't want to rip up old floorboards and tap into exisiting services my idea is this.

I would presume the floors will have to come up to get to the cylinder cupboard :?:

Is it as simple as removing the old flange, fitting the s-flange, fitting the pump to the side port of the flange and then re-connecting the vent / existing house hot water supply to the top port of the flange.

Thats about all there is to it. You've got it sussed ;)

Thanks for the quick reply tamz.

The floor doesnt need to come up.
The pump will be situated in the airing cupboard (upstairs) with the outlets from the pump going straight up into existing loft through the wall into new extension loft and then teeing off to toilet / basin shower at various points.

It will be about 7 / 8 meter run but i will be doing it in 22mm so should still get a decent flow rate. The pump is rated at 2.25 bar so shoulkd get a decent pressure as well.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back