thread adaptor for hot water tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am fitting a salamander s flange to my hot water tank to connect my shower pump up. I have run across a problem though. The flange has a 1" male thread on the bottom and comes with a female adapter. I thought that the top of my water tank had a 1" male connector but after partially draining the tank and trying to fit the flange i can see that it's actually a 28mm compression fitting. Ive double checked that it's not a fitting left in the tank. Is there an adaptor to allow me to fit the flange?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Theres no hex shank the body of the fitting is an orignal part of the tank and is brazed/welded in.

Is it a gledhill open vent cylinder?

They have connections like that. If so u will probably find ther is a "secondary connection" for showers etc on the side where the heating coil pipes are near the top.
It would be capped of but u can connect a showed there if u have it

Sponsored Links
It is indeed a gledhill cylinder. I did check for secondary outlets but other than the immersion outlet couldnt see any. I'll go and triple check but dont hold out much hope !

It's a flexilag jacket on the cylinder which makes it hard to tell if it has a secondary. Or would there be an existing cutout in the jacket. Either way I cant see any other connection points.

It is indeed a gledhill cylinder. I did check for secondary outlets but other than the immersion outlet couldnt see any. I'll go and triple check but dont hold out much hope !

Not on the top on the side but towards the top.

Find the two pipes that enter the side approx 30cm apart. Looking at the top one it is above and to the left

I checked all of the cylinder not just the top. I even cut a square out of the lagging above the coil connections but no luck.

Looking like I'll need to swap my s flange for an essex and go down that route which I was trying to avoid.

Thanks for the suggestions so far everyone.[/url]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back