Fitting a Surrey/York flange to a Hot Water Tank with a 3/4" outlet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to fit a Surrey/York flange to a hot water tank for better air removal prior to installing a Grundfos shower pump. My issue is that the tank itself has a fixed male 3/4" outlet, in to which is currently a 22mm compression fixing to the DHW supply. The flanges I've seen from Grundfos, Salamander and others come with a 1" male/female fixing. Is there a solution to reduce this to a 3/4" female for the type of outlet I have (pictured)?

Any help appreciated. I've seen a number of posted from people with these type of tanks but not yet seen an answer that helps me...

Attachments

• IMG_0162.jpeg
    IMG_0162.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 547
Sponsored Links
An Essex flange can be cut into the cylinder,not for the faint-hearted but diy possible.

sometimes due to age & condition of the existing cylinder its worth considering a new cylinder with a shower draw off tapping factory fitted.

happy plumbing (y)

Sponsored Links
The outlet on the tank is male.
Sorry, didn't spot that. Photo not great & I thought I was looking at a male iron - 22mm screwed in. I suspect that your outlet is not 3/4 but is in fact 22mm compression.
If this is the case then either cut flange in to cylinder or:
upload_2018-11-13_10-24-14.png

Sorry, didn't spot that. Photo not great & I thought I was looking at a male iron - 22mm screwed in. I suspect that your outlet is not 3/4 but is in fact 22mm compression.
If this is the case then either cut flange in to cylinder or:
View attachment 152159
Thanks DaveyDub. Your diagram is the option I'm going for..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back