new extension with noisy roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i sleep in the bedroom part of our new extension and when the sun comes out it makes all sorts of noises (knocking,tapping etc) can anyone solve my insomnia?The roof has a hip,tiled with white soffits and fascias and black guttering.

Sponsored Links
My guess it's your plastic fittings, guttering/ fascia etc.. when they heat up they move slightly, plastic rubbing against each other. You'll find in the winter it will be a lot quieter, if any noise at all.

chappie7 said:
i sleep in the bedroom part of our new extension and when the sun comes out it makes all sorts of noises (knocking,tapping etc) can anyone solve my insomnia?The roof has a hip,tiled with white soffits and fascias and black guttering.
Change the black guttering to white as the white will not expand as much the black guttering, the clicking noise you're hearing is mostly from the gutter brackets

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back