New guttering old roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Going to have the fascia/soffits/gutters and down-pipes replaced in the new year.

In the future at (least 5 years-10 years) the roof would probably benefit from an overhaul and taking back to the joists/rafters and have felt/new batons and tiles etc.

Question is - would this gutters etc. be unaffected by any future work to the roof?

We need the ridge and hip tiles re-bedding (replaced) soon but that's no biggie :)

Sponsored Links
you should be ok, unless they damage something on accident, which they should fix. make sure you pick your installer carefully its a minefield

Cheers!

Luckily partners family do windows/gutters etc :) so all good on that front!

Sponsored Links
Yeah we are having all the old timber stuff stripped out and having it replaced with uPVC fascia, sofits, gutters and downpipes :)

check if they are using eaves protectors and some sort of vent too, either over fascia vent or soffit vent

I assumed everyone uses eave protectors :rolleyes: oops! I'm sure they will.

I'm guessing we'll discuss ventilation when we go through the price. Soffits are about 16" so vents probs best in them?

well the circular vents are less than a quid each so dont worry about them, some people tell you they are going to use then but still dont, they arent dear either its just the extra work some fitters are lazy:cool:

Haha I imagine!

Its that drafty in the loft (no felt) I doubt they will help lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back