New Garage Roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im renewing the roof on my garage, it measures 30ft x 15ft. Its a sloping roof, with joists ever 3 feet. Im planning to strip the corrugated sheets off the roof, and replace them with new ones.
This is the plan
1. Lay 12mm or 18mm plywood boards as decking on top of the joists, then lay a rubber membrane and tack it to the plywood, then lay 16ft corrugated sheets on top.

My question is what type of membrane is best to use under the roofing sheets?

thanks

Sponsored Links
If you redeck your roof and cover it with a rubber membrane why are you putting the corrugated sheets back on again? to secure your sheets you are either going have to nail or screw them to the deck which means you will puncture the membrane across the whole roof.
Rubber membrane is a flat roof covering in itself, you can use either firestone epdm or butyl rubber and stick it directly onto the deck using contact adhesive, these membranes can last up to 30 years.

Sponsored Links
Agree with vinty,
However if you put down say 18mm OSB with the corrugated stuff on top(no membranes) you should have a very strong and long lasting roof.
Did this on my mums garage 10 years ago and its working a treat.
Marty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back