New gate post

m0t

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to move a gate post and was wondering the best way to do it.

The area I need to put the new post is currently crazy paved on top of a sand layer which is on top of about a foot of concrete.

This is going to be very difficult to get through to dig a hole to put the post in. Is there another way of doing it (perhaps bolting to the concrete)?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Bolting down posts is fine if they are in a row, but for a single post I'd hire the appropriate drill and breaker to dig through the concrete, I think. Hard work, agreed but if there's a fair weight on the post this is the way to go.
Just my opinion!
John :)

• Thanks
Reactions: m0t
Is there another way of doing it

You could hire a diamond core drill, say 150mm (to fit a 100mm square post). This will give you a neat clean hole through the crazy paving and go all the way through the concrete to the soil. Then you'll hopefully be able to lift out a foot deep cylinder of the concrete all in one go.

Gaz :)

• Thanks
Reactions: m0t
Sponsored Links
It will be fairly heavy so it looks like drilling through is the only way to go.

Shame

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back