New Hive issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had Hive installed on my Glowworm combi boiler. It has HW and CH controls. The boiler doesn't seem to care if HW is "on" or not on the Hive (I assume that this is normal if HW is "on" on the boiler, but what is weird is that when HW is "on" on Hive, CH is also flashing on boiler - so "on". Is this a known issue or has it been wired up wrong?

Sponsored Links
The hive is a useless on/off control - you should look I to getting an actual modulating controller.

The hive is a useless on/off control - you should look I to getting an actual modulating controller.
Maybe the OP just wants an on/off control? I have one and it does what I want it to do. Nothing wrong with that. Now, can you help him out and answer his question or not?

Sponsored Links
Definitely a combi boiler? If yes, you should have a single channel Hive, not a dual channel that does heating and hot water.

Ok thanks. In the interim, can I "fix" it by marrying up the heating/hot water schedule?

Could you not just turn the hot water permanently off on the Hive?

Reactions: CBW
Post a photo of your wiring, Hive type, and boiler please. Sounds to me like you’ve got the wrong type of Hive. Could try as per @Mottie and turn hot water schedule off

It's a Glowworm Betacom 3 24c
Hive is hive mini dual channel
Can't access wiring at present.
Spoke to installer who says it's correct hive for the boiler type but box says "for boiler with hot water tank"

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
If your Combi is a stand alone type and hasn’t been installed with a cylinder, then you have the wrong type of Hive, it will work, but the hot water side of it isn’t required. Did your installer carry out the wiring too?

Will do. How do I access it?
You may want to just turn it off before undoing anything. Undo the 2 screws underneath the Hive receiver and lift towards you from the bottom, imagine a swing like motion. Take photo of wiring, and then put the receiver back on, engaging the tabs at the top 1st and push it downwards and tighten the 2 screws back up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back