new hot water cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I am just about to start on a new boiler project and need a new hot water cylinder can someone recommend one and if possible a place to get it??

Thanks of your help

Sponsored Links
There is a great invention called the internet, you can put what your after on it and loads of suppliers and prices come up quite handy and takes seconds ;)

I would suggest a fast recovery cylinder.

Have a look at the Plumb Center centercyl. Two sizes, should adequately cope with an average one or two bath property. I fit them and have had no problems as yet.

5 Year no quibble warranty as well ;)

Now why has pipe halved in price but cylinder prices have not moved. strange

Sponsored Links
Now why has pipe halved in price but cylinder prices have not moved. strange

Strange indeed. Just wait until the copper thieves cotton on and leave the plasma, dvd, cash etc and nick off with a santon premier. :LOL:

Wait until next year when the new regs will require hot water cylinders to have 100mm insulation, then the price will really hurt.

Hi Gas4you, thanks for the advice always nice to go on a recommendation

namsag I see your point and perhaps I am being a bit lazy but I did have a quick search and in my opinion you need to have an idea of what you are looking at over wise what are you actually searching for?? I was looking for recommendations as what better advice is there, I thought that this was what forums are all about people sharing experiences I would rather buy one that someone recommends than reading pages full at the manufactures propaganda

Go for the one that gas4you says quality is good and they come with all the fittings and the immersion heater.
And its a fixed price you pay what we would pay

Thanks will do, I was just ordering and seen this PRE-PLUMBED CYLINDER what is this? Does this have the Pump zone valve and APV all attached I need to order all these so is this worthwhile? What is the quality of the pump and valve etc. Sorry for all the questions it to much money to mess it all up!!

Get a Broag 35C high specification and better quality than a Vaillant, and a 500 litre heat store with massive heat exchanger for superb hot water delivery.

My God - it's full of stars.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back