new hot water cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the middle of replacing a hot water cylinder and as this is for hot water via emersion heater only I have fitted a direct cylinder.
My question is I have one outlet on the back that I have capped off two on the front (top and bottom) and the normal one on the top.
of the two on the front the bottom is water in from tank in loft as per old cylinder
I am in the process of fitting the vent pipe on the top outlet.
Should I take hot water to the taps from this (as old cylinder) or is it ok to take the hot from the other outlet on the front (top) or is there a reason for taking the hot water from the same as the vent pipe?
many thanks

Sponsored Links
Its normal to take HW from the top unless you are using a shower pump.

Tony

But is there a reason for this ?
I was thinking it would be a neater looking job if I took my hot from the outlet on the front of the cylinder.
Or would it not be better if I ran the bathroom water from this and the kitchen water from the top outlet that way the pressure would not drop if the two was used at the same time ???
Or am I just over thinking this.
I want to get it all finished tomorow but don't want to make any mistakes so your advice is appreciated .

Sponsored Links
Taking from the top uses the full capacity!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back