New house, please help with CH and DHW system ID

Follow the thicker white wire out of the cylinder control box and see where it goes. It probably ends up at a fused outlet on the wall.

This is the immersion switch.

Occasionally there is a master switch in the kitchen as well.
Sponsored Links

Yes, there is a swicthed fused spur by the tank. This is on all the time.

Is this an electrical element heating device? Why would it have this as well as the 'water coil' from the boiler?

When and why would i use either?

Yes this is an electric immersion heater. The purpose of this ispurely for back up in case the boiler/heating breaks down.

Turn it off and let the boiler do its job heating the HW.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links