New inlet manifold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to replace the inlet manifold on my 2001 Vectra (Z18XE). I will be following the procedure from Haynes.

Anything I need to watch for?

According to Haynes I have to depressurise and remove the fuel rail. It suggests 2 alternative methods. Either run the engine without the fuel pump relay or put a rag around the end of the rail and undo the nut. The 1st option seems safer to me. Which is best?

Cheers Iain

Sponsored Links
Second one is fine. Little spray of fuel and that'll be it

I am going to replace the inlet manifold on my 2001 Vectra (Z18XE). I will be following the procedure from Haynes.

Anything I need to watch for?

According to Haynes I have to depressurise and remove the fuel rail. It suggests 2 alternative methods. Either run the engine without the fuel pump relay or put a rag around the end of the rail and undo the nut. The 1st option seems safer to me. Which is best?

Cheers Iain
Yeah hi , If you going to do an inlet change , lease disconnect the earth to the battery, reason is the starter is directly underneath the manifold , once you have removed all the Nuts from the inlet and you are trying to remove you may push the inlet and touch the Positive of the starter and earth out which would and can cause a Heavy Spark and ignite any fuel remaining around the fuel line or fuel rail.

Sponsored Links
Back