New Internal wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have 2 doors leading to my dining room from a lounge, i want to reduce this to one door or move the 2 doors over, reason being is i want to fit a TV in a certain corner but one of the doors is in the way, solution is to extend the internal wall that butts up to the existing door.
Question time
Would the building of the studwork frame and subsequent dry lining be done by a carpenter ?, would prefer to use one person for the job, he would need to make good the moving of the door frame as well. Is the job quite simple?

Sponsored Links
Yes. And if you get a good one he might be able to skim it as well.

in my humble opinion not a good idea

your rooms both sides may look imbalanced if you move your telly

why not just remove the arcatrave and board over the door behind the telly and find a bracket to support the telly but not in the door area

this will leave the door visible on the otherside and easily fully reinstatable

if you decide to go ahead you shoud be able to get a carpenter or builder to complete the full job ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back